The B.A. in Family & Consumer Sciences enables a student to specialize Child and Family Sciences. The common core of classes enables students to acquire an understanding of family relations/child growth and development as well as the social, and psychological needs of individuals and families. Students pursuing this major may complete field experiences in business, education, industry, government, or private agencies.
Change of Major to BA in Family & Consumer Sciences
The BA in Family & Consumer Science invites current students to submit a change of major request online by completing the following steps:
- Go to SF State’s home page at www.sfsu.edu and select the Login link to log into SF State Gateway/MySFSU.
- Log in with your SF State ID or E-mail and SF State Password.
- Your SF State Gateway home page displays. Click the Schedule / Classes link under the Student section and click to Student Center.
- The SF State Student Center displays. Under the other academics pull down section, select Change Major from the drop-down menu. Click the Go button.
- The Change of Major/Minor page appears.
- To proceed, click the Next button at page bottom.
- A new page displays your current major and click on the change of major button.
- Requested College - Click 38 CHSS.
Requested Major – Click Either
- Family & Consumer Science - BA
- Click Submit Button.
- You will receive a welcome email from our Department with an email address of your new major advisor. Please send an email to set up a time to develop your academic advising plan.
- After this meeting, you will be added to the FCS major.
- A confirmation of your request will be sent to your SF State email account.
Download Adobe Reader. The documents on this website have been identified as having barriers to accessibility. The site owner is working to remedy these access barriers. If you experience problems using this site/the documents, contact fina.sfsu.edu.