Effective Fall 2017 the department has a new name: Family Interiors Nutrition & Apparel (FINA). We were formerly known as the Department of Consumer & Family Studies/Dietetics (CFS/D).
This change represents a desire for faculty, students and industry to more easily locate and recognize the four program areas within our department, uniquely woven together to provide an integrative educational student experience that furthers the understanding of contemporary issues and approaches that impact the food, shelter, clothing, and relationship needs of individuals, families and communities. Each undergraduate and graduate program area values scholarship that is ethical, innovative, interdisciplinary, collaborative, theoretical and applied.
The mission of the Family Interiors Nutrition & Apparel (FINA) Department is to prepare scholarly and diverse professionals in four program areas:
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Interior Design
- Nutrition - Dietetics & Food Management
- Apparel Design & Merchandising.
Our department also offers a:
- Dietetics Internship Program - part of the graduate certificate in Dietetics.
- Masters of Art (M.A.) in Family & Consumer Sciences, with an emphasis in each of our program undergraduate areas.